walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A fine day on the hill

A fine day on the hill

Postby rogers » Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Route description: Meall Ghaordaidh from Glen Lochay

Munros included on this walk: Meall Ghaordaidh

Date walked: 17/05/2009

Distance: 10 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well this was my 12th munro to date and a very enjoyable one at that,this is my first report so hope it is ok.We left Edinburgh at 6am and arrived at car park just past the bridge at 8.20,got the gear on and were walking by 8.45,rather than following the conventional route up the long spur we decided to follow the main track up past the sheilings to a small tributary burn then followed that up the valley to round about the 700m point then we headed NW till we reached the summit at 11.15 The sun was out on the way up but there was still quite a lot of low cloud at the summit,lucky for us that cleared as we reached the top and we had some great views down into glen lyon and beyond,time for a quick cuppa,thank goodness for the shelter as there was a very cold wind up there today,suitably refreshed we made our way back down opting for the normal route,arrived back at car at 13.20 Once again we were lucky with the weather,no showers as had been forecast 8) :D I took some photos,not much as i am as inexperienced with my photography as i am with my walking :lol:
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

as they say practice makes perfect :D[attachment=NaN]lode_20100117.gpx[/attachment]
Attachments
001.JPG
Last edited by rogers on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
rogers
Mountaineer

Munros:48   Corbetts:15
Fionas:11   Donalds:20
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:1

Re: A fine day on the hill

Postby bigbertie » Sun May 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi Rogers - 12 Munros done? you're lucky - so much fun to come. And the photos are fine, keep them coming. cheers
bigbertie
bigbertie

Re: A fine day on the hill

Postby yokehead » Tue May 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Well done, looks like you enjoyed it. :) Good to see someone else following a non-standard route and including a bit of exploration. 8)
yokehead

Munros:73   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:23   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland