walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 17/10/2010

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 974m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After reading lots of walk reports on Ben Lomond, the overwhelming complaint was how busy it gets, well not today!!!
It was cold ,wet and windy, especially for the last 5K. View??? What view??? If you like mist then you would have loved this, the very few people who were on the ben seemed to emerge as if from nowhere. A wee bit creepy. It wasn't all doom and gloom, the even paths meant that we could run for long seections and make our descent in under an hour. I would definitely climb Ben Lomond again but would pay more attention to the weather forecast.
pollyh33

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby monty » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Well done Polly. Nice to hear you put in a bit of running on your trip :D I ran back off Ben Lomond and on one of the flatter sections I got a bit complacent and ended up head over heals :lol: I payed a bit more attention after that. :D
monty

Postby Fudgie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:09 am

The last twice I've climbed Ben Lomond the weather has been atrocious. Hopefully it's a lot better next time.
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby shaunthefish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi there
I took three 13 year olds up Nevis in July this year,,,they decided to run part of the way so had to keep up,,,,made for a hard but enjoyable day,,,so much for thinking they might struggle :lol:
shaunthefish
Munro compleatist

Munros:32   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland