walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cairnwell Pass

Cairnwell Pass

Postby rogers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Munros included on this walk: Cairn of Claise, Càrn an Tuirc, Glas Maol

Date walked: 17/10/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was one of these days that started off with me forgetting my map :oops: weather wise we thought we were in for a nice clear day, how wrong we were, by the time we got onto the top of Carn an Tuirc visibility was pretty poor so it was out with timbers map and compass and bearings were taken for the route ahead(well done timber) and it was just a case of heading over to Glas Maol before returning via Sron na Gaoithe, decided to miss out Creag Leacach this time, i'm sure we will be back another day with better views.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

DSCF0625.jpg
Carn an Tuirc before the clag
DSCF0626.jpg
Looking back up to the Cairnwell
DSCF0628.jpg
Carn an Tuirc Hare
DSCF0629.jpg
DSCF0630.jpg
DSCF0635.jpg
Rock Ptarmigan
DSCF0636.jpg
me
DSCF0637.jpg
timber
DSCF0640.jpg
rogers
Mountaineer

Munros:48   Corbetts:15
Fionas:11   Donalds:20
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:1

Re: Cairnwell Pass

Postby mountain coward » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm afraid I've stolen one of your pictures - that mountain hare picture is just so cute I had to keep a copy! If you really object, I'll delete it...
mountain coward

Postby rogers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:22 pm

mountain coward wrote:I'm afraid I've stolen one of your pictures - that mountain hare picture is just so cute I had to keep a copy! If you really object, I'll delete it...

You are more than welcome MC
rogers
Mountaineer

Postby mountain coward » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks :D Do you have a great zoom on your camera or was it just a very tame hare? (I know a lot of the Cairnwell ones are)
mountain coward

Postby rogers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm

mountain coward wrote:Thanks :D Do you have a great zoom on your camera or was it just a very tame hare? (I know a lot of the Cairnwell ones are)

its only a fujifilm finepix s1500 that i use, i was pretty lucky as the hare stayed in position for 2 or 3 minutes, quite the poser i think :)
rogers
Mountaineer

Postby mountain coward » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Either that or pretending you couldn't see him! :lol:
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland