walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

West Lomond

West Lomond

Postby suhowfar » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:23 pm

Route description: West Lomond from Craigmead

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: West Lomond

Date walked: 31/10/2010

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 271m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My first attempt at posting photos :? I will now attempt to update my Diary on Munros done so far next, now I'm getting to grips with the site. Great site when you get used to it :) We had great Views on a sunny day in Fife today.
IMGP4068.JPG
West Lomond started sunny but soon changed to bit of cloud, however very quickly passed when we got to the top
Attachments
IMGP4074.JPG
Taking in the views at the top of West Lomond
IMGP4085.JPG
Sunshine at the top of West Lomond
IMGP4065.JPG
Good view by the stream on the way up
IMGP4058.JPG
View looking back to East Lomond
Last edited by suhowfar on Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
suhowfar
Mountaineer

Munros:35   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Re: West Lomond

Postby houdi » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:04 am

Nice to see the Lomond Hills for a change. I have family in Glenrothes so I have done both of the Lomond Hills many times. I usually start from from the car park in Pitcairn, Glenrothes near the old reservoir and do the East Hill first before walking across to the West one and then back again. On a clear day, the views from both are stunning.
houdi
Rambler

Munros:93   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:74
Wainwrights:48   

Re: West Lomond

Postby Jockstar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Well done on getting the pictures onto the report, and I like the one of the stream. Hopefully will be seeing a lot more reports .......howfar? :lol:
Jockstar
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland