walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi there

Hi there

Postby Cuillin » Tue May 26, 2009 7:09 am

Stumbled across this site when reading about Fraser McKie's amazing round of the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds.

A couple of the member's names look familiar as they post on another well known forum!

I've been at this game for a few years now and just love hills. I've done all the Munros, most of the Corbetts, a good few Grahams and have enjoyed some great walking/scrambling in the Alps as well.

Looks an interesting site and I look forward to both reading other folks posts and contributing some myself.
Cuillin

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:62   

Re: Hi there

Postby Paul Webster » Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 am

Hi Cuillin and welcome. Yes, I think you may spot a few familiar names... and a good few different ones too. Glad you signed up and looking forward to any contributions!

That Fraser McKie feat is quite something - must have taken some determination and planning to save the last one from each list and do them all at once. There are actually very few people who have climbed all the Grahams.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby cjwaugh » Tue May 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Welcome to the forum Cuillin look forward to hearing of your experiences :D :D
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby kinley » Tue May 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Hello Cuillin - my Mystic Meg senses tell me you're tall, live north of Perth, your first name starts with a d and you don't get above 2500ft as much as you used too :lol:
kinley

Postby Cuillin » Tue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm

kinley wrote:Hello Cuillin - my Mystic Meg senses tell me you're tall, live north of Perth, your first name starts with a d and you don't get above 2500ft as much as you used too :lol:

Cheeky so and so as ever! :lol:
Cuillin

Postby Cuillin » Tue May 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Paul Webster wrote:Hi Cuillin and welcome. Yes, I think you may spot a few familiar names... and a good few different ones too. Glad you signed up and looking forward to any contributions!

That Fraser McKie feat is quite something - must have taken some determination and planning to save the last one from each list and do them all at once. There are actually very few people who have climbed all the Grahams.

Probably even more of an epic journey than you might imagine, as Fraser had planned to finish the Munros, Corbetts and Grahams last year on his 40th birthday, finishing on a hill from each group at Corrour. However he became a father just at the vital moment and had to cancel, completely scuppering his plans. Not a man to be deterred, he then decided to complete the Donalds as well and in fact did most of them throughout last winter including frequent night ascents, culminating in his 4 hill/list epic last weekend.

He has phenomenal drive and the planning alone was a superb achievement. 8)

As they say in a certain American series, that's "Beyond Tough".
Cuillin

Postby fatdogwalks » Tue May 26, 2009 11:11 pm

kinley wrote:Hello Cuillin - my Mystic Meg senses tell me you're tall, live north of Perth, your first name starts with a d and you don't get above 2500ft as much as you used too :lol:

Damn clever that Kinley...how do you do it?

Cuillin is also easily recognisable by the serious panic attacks...when he sees a black lab heading for his rucksack :crazy: :wink:
fatdogwalks

Munros:79   Corbetts:25
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:4   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...