walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Allt fawr Snowdnoia

Allt fawr Snowdnoia

Postby tango » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Allt Fawr, Cnicht, Moel Druman, Ysgafell Wen, Ysgafell Wen North Top

Date walked: 06/11/2010

Time taken: 6.5

Distance: 14.5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started at 1030hours at grid 699485,walked a little way down the track then a steep climb up Bwlch y cwm to grid 693487 west across to Ysgafell north top along to Ysgafell-Ysgafell wen,south west to the Cnicht, my friend Gav waited at grid 657477 his old war wounds playing him up!! :shock: so i bagged the summit, which i thought a lovely hill, :D something different from babies heads & bogs!!!. back pass Llynyr adar onto Moel Druman to Allt Fawr down to Llyn Lwerddon & back to the air shaft & track back to the car finished at 1600hours,Going babies heads (elephant grass) 2 steep bits, good viz see for miles, & the mutts came along Riff Raff,Ludo,Tic Tac.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

tango

Re: Allt fawr Snowdnoia

Postby pollyh33 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Blooming heck Tango, you definitely love getting amongst those Welsh hills. Another good factual report. Although I did notice that you started quite late. Were you waiting for the mist to clear from the mountains????
pollyh33

Postby tango » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

No Pollyh33 i was hung over night out in the pop with Gav minging!!! thats why the late start! :D
tango

Postby malky_c » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am

Looks interesting - any photos? Have done Cnicht and Ysgafell Wen umpteen times but never been up Allt Fawr yet, nor have I approached these hills from this direction.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland