walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Moel Eilio,Snowdonia

Moel Eilio,Snowdonia

Postby tango » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 am

Hewitts included on this walk: Foel Gron, Moel Cynghorion, Moel Eilio

Date walked: 05/11/2010

Time taken: 6.5

Distance: 22.5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started my walk at the car park near Rangers train station,at 0900 hours,i then followed the rangers path to grid 589557,then it was north for a short sharp climb onto Moel Gynghorion,not alot there to mark the summit!!. I walked onto Foel Gron & Moel Eilio, shelter stones at Eilio. the cloud had descended by now (as always) :? I branched of N.E down to Braich y foel & Yr aelgerth,then onto grid 576588,followed paths to Hebron stn & picked up the Llanberis path to the Halfway house.from there i followed the railway tracks to the summit of Llechog back to the tracks again until grid 606555 jumped back onto the path then rangers path back to the car. finished at 1535hours.going good paths most of the day,about an hour of rain & low cloud, good viz.my walking mates where the hounds of Retford Riff Raff,Ludo & Tic Tac. :D
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

tango

Re: Moel Eilio,Snowdonia

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 am

Fantastic, incredibly detailed report as ever. Not too sure about those Welsh placenames!!!! Look far too tricky to prononce!!! :lol:
pollyh33

Postby tango » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 pm

thank you pollyh33 glad you liked the report!! i have another to do soon!!
tango

Postby mountain coward » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Quite some walk that - I did a similar one once but not a loop, just a traverse - you haven't included Snowdon in your 'hills climbed' section at the top of your report! They're great hills though aren't they... :D

Polly, Welsh is a helluva lot easier than Gaelic - once you learn a very few rules of pronunciation, it's dead easy honest :D
mountain coward

Postby tango » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm

morning mtn coward i didn't include Snowdon because i didn't go to the top!! ive done it many times before & also it was raining & i couldn't be bother!! but thanks for the fed back Tango/ Terry. :D
tango

Postby colgregg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:28 pm

I did Moel Eilio from the campsite in Llanberis via Foel Goch albeit a much shorter round than yours It makes for a great afternoon out with excellent views all round.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland