walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello, still alive.....just

Hello, still alive.....just

Postby Dc0u15 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Thought I'd drop in and say hi, joined last year after conquering lochnagar to see what the other munros are I have to climb. First post today, after looking for a less challenging munro in your forums etc. Seemed to be a consensus that The three at Cairnwell were 'easy' ones to get done in a day, so I set off and got there at 8 this morning. Spent the day thinking I was going to die. I finally managed it ( after much soul searching at the junction to Cairnwell, my last one - up, or down and leave it for another day???) and am pleased to add 3 to the 1 I already have. I am now aching all over, cannot feel my feet or legs unless I try to move them and then I think I'm going to die again (You may have gathered that I am not at the peak of my physical fitness!).

BUT on the way home I stopped of in Ballater to buy more walking gear and already trying to work out which one to try and kill myself on next! These will get me fit!!
Dc0u15

Munros:5   

Re: Hello, still alive.....just

Postby Paul Webster » Sat May 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi and welcome to the site. Try not to kill yourself off too soon, you've only just got here. :lol:
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby cjwaugh » Sat May 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Welcom to the site it will get easier honest :wink: :roll:
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:28
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun May 31, 2009 8:31 am

Of course the term "easy" is relative! Some hills where you don't have to walk miles to get there are around the Cairngorm ski areas, you can drive or get a bus to the car park then it's just a hike of half an hour to the best bits.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Dc0u15 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 am

What? They don't all have car parks half way up??????
Dc0u15

Munros:5   

Postby sloosh » Sun May 31, 2009 11:55 am

Dc0u15 wrote:What? They don't all have car parks half way up??????

Sadly, no. But some of them do have chairlifts and gondolas. :twisted:
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun May 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Aaaaah, the gondola of Aonach Mhor... why don't we just bite the bullet and put them on all of our hills? It's not as though they are compulsory; anyone who wants to walk can do so, while the rest of us get wheeched up effortlessly, without all that sweating, gasping, clutching-at-the-heart-and-thinking-its-all-over sort of thing. Lets face it,hillwalking is great apart from the actual walking up hills part !
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Myth » Sun May 31, 2009 9:54 pm

Well done on the Cairnwell trip - I suspect doing a pair of the hills on the "other" side would be a lot easier...

And I too love the Braemar (and Ballater) mountain shops - can never go through without rummaging, and spending too much!
Myth

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...