walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Wild Boar Fell

Wild Boar Fell

Postby tango » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Baugh Fell (Tarn Rigg Hill), Swarth Fell, Wild Boar Fell

Date walked: 29/12/2010

Time taken: 6.4

Distance: 22.4 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Folks this could be my last up to date report for a wee while!! :( I know I know I dont want any tears!! :wink: Im off to work aboard for a while so my Hewitt bagging has too slow down :( . The dogs are coming with me :D so no more dogs on the reports either!!. Anyway here goes, I started at 0805hrs grid 777922 west onto East Baugh Fell, following the fence line all the past Tarn Rigg "678m" to Knoutberry Haws "676m" trig point, quick break & a bearing to West Baugh Fell Tarn, then another bearing to 745946 a nice river crossing :wtf: Straight up to Swarth Fell "681m" lunch there by the cairn!!, Then north around to Wild Boar Fells 2 summits,"trig point", retraced my steps to Swarth Fell followed the fence line down to Flust gill & onto East house,just followed the road back to the car!!Finished at 1430hrs, Going- low cloud for the first half of the day,some snow about, walking buds Riff Raff, Ludo & Tic Tac dogs, :D
Attachments
Swarth Fell,Pennines (2).JPG

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by tango on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tango

Re: Wild Boar Fell

Postby fedupofuserids » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Another one I would like to do.

I'm sure UAE has something you can tick off ! & did it not snow there for the first time last year ?
fedupofuserids

Postby tango » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Userids, I'm going across the border into Jordan loads of mountains to be had, must remember to carry extra water & some sort of sun hat!! :) Ill be posting my Jordan trips on here with photos once ive worked that bit out!! :?
tango

Postby galliston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello is there anyone out there?? :) Not sure how to work this thing yet Some beautiful photos on here really makes you want to go for a long walk,,,,,,,,,,
Gill
galliston
Munro compleatist

Munros:2   
Hewitts:63
Wainwrights:43   

Postby colgregg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:23 pm

There's always some one out here, Gill. It's not only the pics but there's lots of useful walk reports which often give you ideas for places to go that you'd not usually think about. Keep checking them out. There's a lot more Walk reports for Scotland but those of us south of the border do our bit for the rest of the country by to contributing our walk reports. No area is deemed "out of bounds" so wherever you walk, be it the high hills or lower lying dales etc, your reports will be read with interest especially if accompanied by pictures. So enjoy the site and get those reports in.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland