walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

MOEL SIABOD

MOEL SIABOD

Postby susanmyatt » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Moel Siabod

Date walked: 08/01/2011

Time taken: 6

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 675m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hello and Happy New Year to all. Having been ill since early December I had done little walking and only started back the gym on thursday, hence yesterday was very hard work and I really struggled on the ice and snow patches. Still managed to reach the top at 872 m with help from the gang, no photos after we reached the ridge start as had no inclination to get the camera out :D We parked up at Capel Curig, walked down the main road towards Betwys and turned up the road opposite the hotel, after reaching the top we came down the other side to the Plas y Brenin Center.
IMG_4863.JPG
Towards Tryfan
IMG_4864.JPG
IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG
IMG_4869.JPG
Thanks to Bridie for the team pic
IMG_4870.JPG
Frozen Llyn y Foel
IMG_4871.JPG
The ridge
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Re: MOEL SIABOD

Postby yorkie bagger » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I love that ridge from Llyn y Foel :D If by 'the gym' you mean the hills - that's my gym too! :D
yorkie bagger

Postby susanmyatt » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:18 pm

No I actually go the gym four mornings a week with extra swimming :D :D :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Postby monty » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi Susan,
Well done on getting out. some nice pictures there. I think that was a bit of irony from Yorkeibagger :D Although saying that I find I can get a better and more sustained workout in the hills than in the gym. Swimming is a great excercise too. :D
monty

Postby yorkie bagger » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:46 pm

I thought that was what she meant - honest - I tell everyone I go to the biggest gym in the world - the Great Outdoors! :lol:
yorkie bagger

Postby monty » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm

You just dont want to pay the extortionate monthly fees :lol: :lol: :lol: Me neither :D
monty

Postby yorkie bagger » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:01 pm

You're right there :lol: I do go swimming though...
yorkie bagger

Postby mountain tortoise » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Moel Siabod. One of my favourites go up several times a year in different seasons. I was up in the Snowdonia hills on Saturday. I was surprised by just how cold it was up there on Saturday, how was Moel Siabod? You must let us know when you are in the area we could meet up for brew after if we are on different hills.
mountain tortoise
Scrambler

Munros:10   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:56

Postby susanmyatt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 am

Nice idea MT, it was bitter cold but great views but I was struggling and couldn't be bothered with the camera, I think last time I did Moel Siabod you were up Snowdon. We go the local council gym and prices are probably half those of the posh ones,although we are having a new building being built and who knows ? :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland