walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Creag Meagaih Circuit

Creag Meagaih Circuit

Postby jalal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 am

Hi

I am doing the Creag Meagaih Circuit Thursday (after tommorow ) any advice or different route please will be very much appreciated

Joe
jalal

Munros:25   

Re: Creag Meagaih Circuit

Postby holtlynx » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 pm

For once the standard route is as good as any; into Coire Ardair from the Lagganside road at Aberarder car park and then strike north up the ridge coming down from Carn Liath. Once your're up on the ridge, it' more or less level and great walking west all the way to Stob Core Poite Ardair with the splendid cliffs of Creag Meagaidh in front of you all the way. Drop down into the so-called Window and out the other side for a short sharp pull to the summit plateau. Once you'have had your fill (I saw my first eagle here, spiralling up of one of the southern corries from below us ), head roughly SW across the plateau towards Puist Coire Ardair and onto Sron a Choire (make sure you dont wander over the cliff edge to your left), and head down into the eastern corrie of this lesser peak back towards Aberader. Take plenty of water; it's a fair old hike and forecast is for hot weather for the next several days. Enjoy.
holtlynx

Re: Creag Meagaih Circuit

Postby jalal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Hi

Thanks for the advice and looking forward to the walk. I am doing the Ben macdui tommorow if the weather is as nice as today.

Thanks again for the advice

Joe
jalal

Munros:25   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion