walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Munroing in the Rough Bounds of Knoydart

Munroing in the Rough Bounds of Knoydart

by mountain coward » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:34 am

Route description: Sgùrr na Cìche: 3 Munros from Loch Arkaig

Munros included on this walk: Garbh Chioch Mhòr, Sgùrr na Cìche, Sgùrr nan Coireachan (Glen Dessary)

Date walked: 02/01/2011

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Munroing in the Rough Bounds of Knoydart

Postby benno » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks, Mountain Coward. I've never thought about using my fold up bike - I have a 10yr old Brompton, can't imagine it would survive long off-road. I suppose it does save a lot of space though.

Thanks for your advice regarding Sgurr Mor - I'll see how the fitness is before choosing a route..
benno

Munros:282   Corbetts:35
Fionas:16   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:31   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:9   

Re: Munroing in the Rough Bounds of Knoydart

Postby mountain coward » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:57 am

We asked in various bike shops before we bought them and stressed that the fold-up bikes would be doing estate landrover tracks in Scotland to get to Munros. The only reservations they had were that the seat post would be under a lot of pressure as it's very long. I would think that was easily replaceable. I think your bike should be fine so long as you're just doing the vehicle tracks. We get off if it gets really rough anyway - before we fall off! We're not very good off road!
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland