walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

High Street from Patterdale.

High Street from Patterdale.

Postby colgregg » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Angletarn Pikes, High Street, Rest Dodd, Thornthwaite Crag

Hewitts included on this walk: High Street, Rest Dodd, Thornthwaite Crag

Date walked: 20/03/2011

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Bad day, lovely view of Angle tarn to which a return visit is a must. Who needs a power shower when you can walk across high Street on days like today.
Route: Patterdale -Boredale Hause - Angletarn Pikes and Tarn - Rest Dodd (by mistake) - High Street - Thornthwaite Crag - Threshthwaite Mouth - Pasture Beck - Patterdale - Hour long dry out session and a couple of pints in the White Lion (luxury). Objectives unfulfulled (Knott, Gray crag, Caudale moor, Hartsop Dodd). Memo to self: pick a better day to do what looks to be a great day out thus avoiding extreme disappointment.
010.JPG
A misty Angle Tarn will be stunning in good weather.

007.JPG
Angle Tarn Pikes, Rest Dodd, High Street, Thornthwaite Crag. Threshthwaite Mouth, Hayes water. You choose it all looked the same.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Re: High Street from Patterdale.

Postby susanmyatt » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 am

Shame about the weather colgregg, Angle Tarn is so special to see, like that area alot, still have a few to do, thanks for the pics :lol:
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Postby Red Peak » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 am

Hope you get better weather when you return to that area, colgregg. I'd say it's a lovely area to explore when the weather's good, but then again, everywhere on the Lakeland fells is lovely when the weather's good.

P.S. You should have used that second photo in the 'Where's the pic - England' thread ... :lol:
Red Peak
Munro compleatist

Munros:260   Corbetts:27
Fionas:23   Donalds:39
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:313

Postby colgregg » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I will definitelty do that walk again. I need to increase my tally and what I had planned suited perfectly. I was really looking forward to Grey crag and Caudale/Hartsop although the re ascent from Threshthwaite might be a bit of a chore.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181

Postby MIKE LEVER » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:58 pm

love the second pic made me laugh :lol:
MIKE LEVER
Munro compleatist

Munros:274   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:232

Postby ChrisW » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:52 pm

First pic is good - second one is great :lol: :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland