walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from a munro rookie

Hello from a munro rookie

Postby mackieonthemove » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi all

I'm fairly new to hillwalking started last year when I got my dog I was taking him further and further then a friend recommended I go hillwalking. So I started out climbing Bennachie near Aberdeen several times in various routes and then climbed my first munro - Mount Keen - and loved every minute of it.

I am now planning a trip up Glenshee this week or next week to do Carn Aosda, Carn a'gheoidh and the Cairnwell.

Loving this site loads of info i'm on here checking out routes and stuff practicaly every night!!

if anyone can suggest a good hill for a keen beginner walker please let me know?

cheers see you up there
mackieonthemove

Munros:9   
Sub 2000:3   

Re: Hello from a munro rookie

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi Mackie and welcome aboard!

Good hills to do near the start of your hillwalking career would include favourites such as Ben Lomond, Schiehallion, Ben Lawers... there are lots of others too. Any Munro routes that get 3 boots for a rating are amongst the easiest ones.

The Cairnwell ones are amongst them - but not the most exciting hills either - a bit spoilt by the ski-stuff.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...