walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lochnagar 2009

Lochnagar 2009

Postby sketch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 am

Munros included on this walk: Lochnagar

Date walked: 03/10/2009

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 28 km

Ascent: 1186m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I can't remember all the details of this walk, All I remember it was about Oct 2009, as I was sorting out some old photos I found these four, I did this walk before my back went, when I was fairly fit, So I decided too keep a report of what I can remember until I'm fit enough too do it again.
I did not have a car this day so It was a tedious bus journey from Aberdeen to Crathie, so my walk starts at the bus stop, from there I made my way to Easter Balmoral where I went into the Post Office shop to get the last of the vital supplies (chocolate and fags) yes those days I smoked but that's been knocked on the head now, at around 10am I started making my way through the woods for around two miles then the view of Glen Gelder greated me, ( I will post photos as and when I find them), After a good while I reached Little Conachcraig where I took this photo
img155.jpg
Lochnagar
I started to climb towards Meikle Pap and saw the Loch for the first time
img157.jpg
First sight of the Loch
carrying onwards and upwards, A few more metres up and the famous ridge was in perfect view,
img158.jpg
Lochnagar ridge
when I got on top of the ridge I got a great view looking down into the Loch itself
img156.jpg
Looking down into the Loch
All in all it was a great day walking, and I look forward to doing it again with a lot more photo's next time, I eventually made back to the bus journey home with wiery legs and a yawn or two,
Last edited by sketch on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sketch
Mountaineer

Munros:19   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:2

Re: Lochnagar 2009

Postby lomondwalkers » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:10 am

Some great pics there Sketch. Good luck getting back to full fitness
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Re: Lochnagar 2009

Postby sketch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 am

lomondwalkers wrote:Some great pics there Sketch. Good luck getting back to full fitness

Thanks for the comment Lomondwalkers
sketch
Mountaineer

Munros:19   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland