walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An Socach & Carn Bhac

An Socach & Carn Bhac

Postby Jelly » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Socach (Braemar), Càrn Bhac

Date walked: 24/04/2011

Time taken: 7.35 hours

Distance: 23.4 km

Ascent: 1379m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Climbed these two hills on Easter Sunday. Lovely day for walking. Some great views, No Pictures as i left my camera at home. Hopefully be able to get some off friend Alan. Parked the car at Baddoch, just North of the Ski centre at Glenshee. Used the bikes to cycle a few km's along a good landrover track. There was a field of 5 white ponnies that we passed through, stunning looking animals. I presume they are used by the game keeper for shooting parties. Left our bikes at a small burn that joined Baddoch Burn. We then walked up good tracks to Socach Mor with a good carn, then on up onto An Socach, once on on top, we came to a summit shelter, it was then we realised, that the true summit was around 2.5km to the west. We soon made it there, and decided to make a direct route to Carn Bhac, though we had to scramble down some steep scree slopes, and crossed a few small burns.

An Socach & Carn Bhac.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jelly
Mountain Walker

Munros:267   Corbetts:8
Fionas:5   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:15   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland