walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Garbh Bheinn from Kinlochleven

Garbh Bheinn from Kinlochleven

Postby stevemillar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Route description: Garbh Bheinn, Loch Leven

Corbetts included on this walk: Garbh Bheinn (Loch Leven)

Date walked: 25/07/2010

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 7 km

Ascent: 867m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I opted to take a differing route than that shown on the site here.

From Blackwater Hostel at Kinlochleven, I followed the West Highland Way in the Kingshouse direction to start gaining altitude. After about a mile and a half having skirted the rock bluff that sits to the East of Garbh Bheinn, I turned off the pathway and headed back in a westerly direction, and although there are no obvious tracks, with good visibility as I had it was a simple slog through bracken to reach the first ‘top’ which has a wonderful view down to the village.

kinlochleven.JPG
Kinlochleven from the first 'top'
Garbh Bheinn via Kinlochleven.

From there, just follow on upwards to the summit where there are amazing views down into Glencoe and onto the Pap and the loch itself.

Even though this hill is just short of Munro status, the views alone are worth the effort of at least giving it a thought.
Attachments
Garbh Bheinn.JPG
Looking down towards Glencoe

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

stevemillar
Hill Bagger

Munros:71   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:8   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland