walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Pike O'Blisco

Pike O'Blisco

Postby Dogshome » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Pike o'Blisco

Hewitts included on this walk: Pike of Blisco

Date walked: 26/04/2011

Time taken: 3.75

Distance: 7.5 km

Ascent: 751m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A very short trip celebrating my first day of an early retirement. Bagging a few Birketts on the way. As usual some wonderful view from summits I haven't climbed before. Could have spent much longer on Blake Rigg, above Horse Crags on the map, savouring the views fro Wetherlam to the Crinkles to The Langdales.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Dogshome
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:8
Hewitts:112
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Pike O'Blisco

Postby colgregg » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Happy retirement to you. Make the most of it. My brothers retired at 57 (teachers) and seem to have spent all of the last few years on the hills. Reckon I'll be working til 65 at least!! Just 9 years and 2 months to go.
colgregg
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:5
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:181
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Pike O'Blisco

Postby tango » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Happy retirement too from me!! enjoy..im looking to semi retire in 4.5 years, :D , nice little job delivering food for Asda or something like that...chiiiiiillllllll out.., more weekends away walking... :lol:
tango

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland