walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall na Teanga and Sron a Choire Ghairbh

Meall na Teanga and Sron a Choire Ghairbh

Postby David Lyall » Mon May 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Route description: Loch Lochy Munros from Kilfinnan

Munros included on this walk: Meall na Teanga, Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh

Date walked: 16/05/2011

Time taken: 6.3 hours

Distance: 19 km

Ascent: 1258m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A week's stay at Invergarry Lodge started with a walk in the rain with Iain and Allan. We decided to tackle Meall na Teanga and Sron a Choire Ghairbh. Iain managed to get the car parked just past Kilfinnan Farm but before the lodges. ( I would recommend you park just before the farm) We set off hoping the weather would improve but it was not to be. We followed the Great Glen way until it forks and took the higher road, the footpath that branches off is easy to find and we headed up through the trees,it is a long steady pull up to the bealach
We headed up Meall na Teanga first wind picked up and visability was poor but we made it to the top
Meall na Teanga (2).JPG
Allan and Iain

and after a quick stop and time to allow Allan to check of a suspected blister we headed down the Bealach and on up to Sron a Choire Ghairbh.
Sron a Choire Ghairbh (3).JPG
Me and Allan, could be any where really!!
By this time my legs were getting tiered and the wind was taking my breath away but we got there and then headed for home pretty wet but glad we had managed something on such a miserable day.
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Re: Meall na Teanga and Sron a Choire Ghairbh

Postby skuk007 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Well done David, doesn't look like a nice day for a walk but at least you're all still smiling, well I think you are in the second one, can't see your faces for the clag. :lol:
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby David Lyall » Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks, the forecast for this week has been bad every day but we are staying at Invergarry and have been out every day and most of the time we have managed good walks,
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Postby ChrisW » Sat May 21, 2011 9:12 am

great effort on such a miserable day David :thumbup:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland