walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Creag Meagaidh loop

Creag Meagaidh loop

Postby mikeandnat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Liath (Creag Meagaidh), Creag Meagaidh, Stob Poite Coire Àrdair

Date walked: 03/06/2011

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

great walk, except the decent where we missed the path and walked most of the way down through heather.
our_route.gpx
mikeandnat
Mountaineer

Munros:5   

Re: Creag Meagaidh loop

Postby goth_angel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:05 am

mikeandnat wrote:great walk, except the decent where we missed the path and walked most of the way down through heather.
our_route.gpx

Did this the day after you and also missed the path for most of the descent from Carn Liath. Seems to be very overgrown.
goth_angel

Munros:101   Corbetts:9
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:85
Wainwrights:181   

Postby metafor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Well done Mikeandnat! This loop is on my shortlist! infact my very shortlist!! How did you find it? ( on the map I know! ) I ask this question as I have read various reports with varying lengths of time taken , obviously conditions always play their part, but as you know when you take into account travelling time etc. it can add up to a long day ( definately not complaining ) any help or info appreciated.
metafor
Mountain Walker

Munros:174   

Postby mikeandnat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:27 pm

it's a beautiful walk mate, the climb at the start is a bit of a slog but once you're up there its absolutely stunning all the way round to the top of Meagaidh. If I did it again I'd either go a bit further and down one of the other ridges or re-trace to the bottom of the window and back down by the lake. It took us from 9.30 to about 5.30 with a stop for 2 brews and a hot lunch, and a really slow decent.
mikeandnat
Mountaineer

Munros:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland