walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Am Faochagach

Am Faochagach

Postby gmac1985 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am

Route description: Am Faochagach

Munros included on this walk: Am Faochagach

Date walked: 11/05/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 13 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Thoroughly enjoyable walk. Started off a bit later in the day than what we usually do so arrived at the car park at about 9-ish to be greeted by 2 minibuses full of schoolchildren who were (thankfully) heading off in the opposite direction of Sgurr Mor. Weather wasn't too bad in respect to visibility so bit gutted i never took more photos, rained on and off entire walk but regardless of that would've been wet anyway from the river crossing. Speaking of which must've spent a good 30mins looking for a decent place to cross before deciding to just go for it with the water being just a bit shorter than waist height, saying that im no the tallest of dudes. Like i said didn't take many photos but nevertheless here they are, tried to get some good views of the surrounding area and a few shots of a couple of ptarmigan but they're super hard to make out in like pictures 5 and 6 and that like.
Attachments
Am Faochagach 001.jpg
Am Faochagach 002.jpg
Am Faochagach 003.jpg
Am Faochagach 004.jpg
Am Faochagach 005.jpg
Am Faochagach 006.jpg
Am Faochagach 007.jpg
Am Faochagach 008.jpg
Am Faochagach 009.jpg
Am Faochagach 010.jpg
Am Faochagach 011.jpg
Am Faochagach 012.jpg
gmac1985
Hill Bagger

Munros:29   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Am Faochagach

Postby retrogear » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:19 pm

I wondered why you'd posted lots of photos of rocks - then I read your report. I think I can make out three birds in your photos - the others are too well hidden for my eyesight. :(
retrogear

Re: Am Faochagach

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Cracking pics. Those birds are well camoflaged for their environment! So did you just wade through the water???? Hope you weren't too uncomfortable later :(
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland