walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bonscale Pike

Bonscale Pike

Postby icemandan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Bonscale Pike

Date walked: 16/07/2011

Time taken: 2

Distance: 5 km

Ascent: 384m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Penance for not mopping this one up in the autumn when we did Arthur's Pike.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

A steep trudge straight up the side, not enhanced by pouring rain to reach what must be the most pointless top in the Lakes. The top, a small pile of stones on a small rise in the moor, is nonedescript. The craggy sides falling towards Ullswater offer some drama and presumably a good view of the Lake when its not raining cats and dogs. Some nice views over Howtown Bay on the way up.
P1000986.JPG
icemandan
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:26
Fionas:13   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:199
Wainwrights:214   Islands:33

Re: Bonscale Pike

Postby canisp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 am

Looks like your just going to pip me to the post, which one are you keeping for last ?
canisp

Munros:281   Corbetts:191
Fionas:28   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:213   

Postby icemandan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Lank Rigg and Arnison Crag in that order. Arnison is the first fell in the first book and a good one as well. Somehow Lank Rigg doesn't set the pulse racing. I noticed in the WH table that it was the least climbed Wainwright.
icemandan
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:26
Fionas:13   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:199
Wainwrights:214   Islands:33

Postby Dogshome » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Left Caw Fell to my last and then couldn't find it. Spent 20 minutes standing in every possible spot and taking a photo hoping I might cross it by chance. best of luck with Lank Rigg OK walk but a real out of the way place to get to. Unless you live in Cleator Moor.
Dogshome
Munro compleatist

Munros:15   Corbetts:8
Hewitts:112
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland