walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tom Buidhe, Tolmount and Cairn of Claise

Tom Buidhe, Tolmount and Cairn of Claise

Postby csimbad » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Munros included on this walk: Cairn of Claise, Tolmount, Tom Buidhe

Date walked: 17/07/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 23.7 km

Ascent: 1360m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well didn't know if it was going to be a good day going by the weather as it had been chucking it down with us but decided to head off anyway as I held off on the Saturday. So I decided to head up to Glenshee for Tom Buidhe and Tolmount, the closer I got to Braemar the darker it got but the cloud was quickly moving and buy the time I had arrived at 10am there was the odd shower but nothing to bad so was on off up the path over Sron na Gaoith. The weather was improving so decided to have a little look around and headed to Little Glas Maol then back round to Druim Mor to get a few pics of the Caenlochan Glen. I was then off to Tom Buidhe didn,t take to long but buy the time I had arrived the rain was getting heavy so didn,t hang around and pushed on to Tolmount, I thought about going over to Carn an Tuirc but didn't fancy the walk out from there as the ground was pretty wet so it was off to Cairn of Claise and back down over Sron na Gaoith to reach the car park 4pm. Turned out not to bad a day in the end the odd shower but quickly passing getting out pretty dry apart from the feet. :)

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMGP1223.JPG
Path over Sron na Gaoith
IMGP1224.JPG
IMGP1227.JPG
Again every where
IMGP1230.JPG
As close as I could get to the herd
IMGP1228.JPG
Carn an Tuirc
IMGP1239.JPG
IMGP1242.JPG
Looking over to the Cairnwell on the left
IMGP1251.JPG
Craigie Doubs looking over to Druim Mor
IMGP1255.JPG
Caen Lochan Glen
IMGP1258.JPG
Caen Lochan Glen
IMGP1259.JPG
Caen Lochan Glen
IMGP1262.JPG
Tom Buidhe summit
IMGP1266.JPG
Tolmount summit
IMGP1269.JPG
IMGP1270.JPG
Cairn of Claise summit
IMGP1274.JPG
IMGP1273.JPG
IMGP1280.JPG
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Munros:193   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Tom Buidhe, Tolmount and Cairn of Claise

Postby rockhopper » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Nice one csimbad and you got some blue sky in the photos as well :D A wee bit different to the normal routes - pity about the weather later on though. 8)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Re: Tom Buidhe, Tolmount and Cairn of Claise

Postby csimbad » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks Rockhopper, hopefully thats the crap weather past with so I can get a few overnighters up in them hills during my hols :thumbup:
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Munros:193   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland