walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

wider advertising?

wider advertising?

Postby bossbear » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:34 pm

This is a brilliant site and I have forwarded it several keen walking friends, but I came across it via a friend who had found it via on-line searching by accident.

has it been advertised via Trail and the like? Or a link from UKClimbing? BMC? I havent noticed it, it may be there. If not it should be. I will definitely log on to it next time we go to scotland.
bossbear

Re: wider advertising?

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Bossbear and welcome to Walkhighlands!

Thanks for your comments :D . You are right that it would be great to appear in the mags, and we would love to appear in Trail or on UKClimbing et. al. However we've been more succesful in getting articles and publicity in the mainstream press than in the walking/climbing magazines so far.

Our budget doesn't stretch to the more expensive advertising at the moment. Rules on UKClimbing prevent us from posting about ourselves on the Forum - but it would be great if any of our users recommended us there.

We're hard at work on the Fort William and Ullapool areas of the site at the moment, so expect to see lots of new routes appearing soon. :)
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback