walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond

Postby semcio » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:32 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 22/08/2009

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was just a quicky. We set off very late - about 12.am and we took the easier, steadier route that most people do. We got to the top after about 2,5 hours and returned by the same route (instead the one, that is suggested in the walkinghlands). I tried to take some pictures, but to be honest the weather wasn't too good for that. Anyway, my first Munro, so I'm quite happy with that, and hopefully it's not the last one ;)

And just a couple of pictures...

Cheers.
G
Last edited by semcio on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
semcio

Munros:1   

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby mountain coward » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Nice pics - you look to have had nice weather. A lot of my walks look the same in the Munros - just grey and swirly! :lol:
mountain coward

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby skuk007 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Congratulations on your first Munro!
The weather looks good in your pics. Hope you get it that good on the others.
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland