walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Klibreck 2008 No.9 my first on my own.

Ben Klibreck 2008 No.9 my first on my own.

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Route description: Ben Klibreck

Munros included on this walk: Ben Klibreck

Date walked: 10/05/2008

Time taken: 6 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After being guided round my first 8 Munros with walking friends i decided if i wanted to complete the Munros it was time i ventured out alone, so it was up to Altnaharra Caravan Club Site where i would base myself to do Ben Klibreck and Ben Hope. Klibreck was first to do and i decided on the route from Strath Vagastie. I left from the parking area on the A836 crossed the very boggy ground, making my way on to Klibrecks ridge and onto the summit.Once on the summit i was amazed at the views and spent almost 2hrs there having lunch and enjoying the views. This was straightforward in terms of navigation as the weather was clear and sunny, which was lucky for me as my navigation skills weren't upto much then,though crossing the boggy ground was not enjoyable. Once on the ridge it became a very pleasant walk and after doing Klibreck i was now hooked on the Munros.
431.JPG
Ben Klibreck & Loch Naver

437.JPG
Klibreck & Naver from caravan site

432.JPG
View on way up

433.JPG
View East from the summit

434.JPG
North towards Ben Loyal

436.JPG
North West

447.JPG
On the summit

446.JPG
Myself & Ben Klibreck

449.JPG
Ben Hope and Ben Loyal far right
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Ben Klibreck 2008 No.9 my first on my own.

Postby skuk007 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Well done for going on your own Johnny, it can be a bit daunting first time.
If only the weather was like that all the time, fabulous blue skies you had. :)
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland