walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Loch Lochy Munros

Loch Lochy Munros

Postby csimbad » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Route description: Loch Lochy Munros from Kilfinnan

Munros included on this walk: Meall na Teanga, Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh

Date walked: 08/08/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 15.6 km

Ascent: 1540m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Set off from Kilfinnan lodges 6am up the forest track to then head on up the track at Cam Bhealach. I then headed for Meall na Teanga, weather was not to bad on the way up but on my approach to the summit the cloud had arrived and views were gone so not hanging about returned back the route I had came until reaching the zigzaged stalkers path to take me to the Sron a Choire Ghairbh summit. Didn't take to long as it was a pretty easy walk so had a bite to eat took a few pics and decided to get back down before the rain arrived. Returned back the way I came again on the stalkers path back to Cam Bhealach and back onto the forest track leading back to the lodges where I was staying for the week so made a nice wee morning walk. :D

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMGP1649.JPG
IMGP1655.JPG
Someones lost there boot
IMGP1659.JPG
IMGP1660.JPG
IMGP1665.JPG
IMGP1669.JPG
Heading round to Meall Na Teanga, in front zig zag path leading to Choire Ghairbh
IMGP1673.JPG
IMGP1679.JPG
IMGP1680.JPG
Meall Na Teagna
IMGP1683.JPG
IMGP1686.JPG
Sron a Choire Ghairbh summit
IMGP1689.JPG
IMGP1692.JPG
IMGP1697.JPG
IMGP1698.JPG
The view from our logde on Loch Lochy
IMGP1645.JPG
The local wildlife/ the pine martins would come out every night to see what they could get to eat
Attachments
IMGP1670.JPG
Meall Na Teagna summit
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Munros:193   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Loch Lochy Munros

Postby rockhopper » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 am

Bad luck on the weather csimbad but at least you had an enjoyable walk :thumbup: Don't know how people can lose a boot - you'd think they might miss it :? Great location to stay for the week - especially with the wildlife so close :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby BlackPanther » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:05 am

An interesting couple of hills, another duo on my never-ending to do list...

There's an old Russian joke that sprang to my mind - it goes well with your "lost boot" picture :D
Ivan goes out for a walk and he runs across Sasha. Sasha is wearing only one boot. "Hello, Sasha" Ivan says "I see you lost one boot?" "Quite the opposite " Sasha answers "I found one!"
Maybe Ivan and Sasha climbed the Loch Lochy Munros? :lol: :lol:
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby pollyh33 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks so much for posting this report. I'm heading up to Fort Augustus next month and had intended to climb these two hills. The photos are smashing- love the pine martens :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby csimbad » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Cheers rockhopper, I its a cracking area to stay in plenty of hills around, will be there for 2 weeks next year so hopefully get more done. :)
rockhopper wrote:Bad luck on the weather csimbad but at least you had an enjoyable walk :thumbup: Don't know how people can lose a boot - you'd think they might miss it :? Great location to stay for the week - especially with the wildlife so close :D
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Postby csimbad » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Its not to bad a walk relatively easy and I dear say there would be pretty good views up top on a good day. :)
BlackPanther wrote:An interesting couple of hills, another duo on my never-ending to do list...

There's an old Russian joke that sprang to my mind - it goes well with your "lost boot" picture :D
Ivan goes out for a walk and he runs across Sasha. Sasha is wearing only one boot. "Hello, Sasha" Ivan says "I see you lost one boot?" "Quite the opposite " Sasha answers "I found one!"
Maybe Ivan and Sasha climbed the Loch Lochy Munros? :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Postby csimbad » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Cheers Polly33, the pine martins were great 3 of them would appear every night cute wee things, hopefully you get a clearer day. :)
pollyh33 wrote:Thanks so much for posting this report. I'm heading up to Fort Augustus next month and had intended to climb these two hills. The photos are smashing- love the pine martens :D :D
csimbad
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland