walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

a perfect day on Ben Lomond

a perfect day on Ben Lomond

Postby emmapeel12 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 09/08/2011

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 900m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It was a perfect day to climb Ben Lomond. I travelled by car from Edinburgh so I left the city around 6.30am and started my ascent around 8.30am. It was easy to find the way up the hill and I was completely alone :) :) !
It took my a little bit more than 2hours to get to the summit. For some time I thought the peak would get covered into the fog, but I was lucky :D !
Since it was quiet chilly on the top, I only took a short break and made my way down again! On my way back I saw dozens of walkers climbing up :shock: .
On a nice spot I ate my sandwich and enjoyed the view, before I headed back to Edinburgh!

Since this was my first Munroe and it was my holiday, it made me very happy that I had such a luck with the weather :D :D !! Mountains in Switzerland, where I come from, are much higher, but the experience to hike abroad and the fantastic vastness from Scotland made it a event I can treasure for a long time :D
Attachments
IMG_6015.JPG
IMG_6007.JPG
IMG_6001.JPG
emmapeel12
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Re: a perfect day on Ben Lomond

Postby rockhopper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Congratulations on your first munro, emma :clap: It's not often that you get Ben Lomond to yourself especially on a day with such great views. :D
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby craighall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:24 am

Well done, Emma.

Ben Lomond was my first Munro as well, though I made harder work of it than you, as I kept turning round to savour the views for too long !

Michael.
craighall
Mountaineer

Munros:10   
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4

Postby ndhudson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi emmapeel12! :wave: Very well done! I would love to see some of your Switzerland hikes in the "Walk reports - Outside Scotland" forum. Congrats on your first Munro!
ndhudson
Munro compleatist

Corbetts:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland