walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glen Artney Hill and their Geocaches

Glen Artney Hill and their Geocaches

Postby weatherman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Uamh Bheag

Donalds included on this walk: Beinn nan Eun, Uamh Bheag

Date walked: 22/08/2011

Time taken: 7 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Park at the car park, opposite Glen Artney Church, NN711160
walk along the road to the bridge at the Water of Ruchill
along the way, there are a few Geocache's to be found, if you know where to look, one here is called 'Still no idea'
and here
Bridge over Water of Ruchill, cache here
as you head up beside the Allt Ollach, there is one called, 'The goat always butts in'. View of Am Beannan
and also one at the Waterfall
Bridge over Allt Ollach, with Am Beannan
the next cache is on the summit of Am Beannan, so I walked up the valley, and climbed up, in beween Am Beannan and Meall Clachach
summit of Am Beannan
walk along the ridge to Meall Clachach
Summit. This Erratic Boulder. also known as Fingals Putting Stone, was deposited here 18,000 years ago by a Glacier. It is also an Earth Geocache
view to next summit, and cache, Uamh Bheag
summit, cache here is known as 'Bart'
Trig, looking back to summit
continue to follow the fence down towards Wind Farm
looking back up toward Uamh Bheag, there's a cache, name,'pile of stones' on the slope
heading towards Beinn Odhar
peat hags on the slope
Summit
continue on to Beinn nan Eun, and the next cache
through the peat hags
Summit
and the cache, named 'The Mushroom' is not far away
I then headed down the slope towards Allt Mor, and followed it back to the car park
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

weatherman

Munros:51   Corbetts:23
Fionas:26   Donalds:85
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:2

Re: Glen Artney Hill and their Geocaches

Postby meangarry » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi weatherman, I'm pleased to find that you've went to the effort of reporting this walk. It has helped me plan my route for these two distant donalds! There doesn't seem to be official routes for quite a few of the donalds on here but I suppose part of the fun is finding your own way. :) I'm currently looking to put more of a dent in my total and might take a short stay in Stirling to bag the northerly ones. Might even find a few caches along the way! :D
meangarry

Munros:29   Corbetts:19
Fionas:15   Donalds:60
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:16
Wainwrights:23   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland