walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Regards from the Cairngorms

Regards from the Cairngorms

Postby tinajack68 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

Just joined the site, I live in Boat of Garten nr Aviemore. I'm not looking to compleat the Munros but when the opportunity comes along I'll take it. Favourite spot is the summit of Carn Etchachan where the view down Loch A'an is absolutely fabulous. Love wandering around & exploring the Cairngorm plateau, away from the hordes going to Ben Macdui!
tinajack68
Mountain Walker

Munros:150   Corbetts:27
Fionas:14   
Sub 2000:9   

Re: Regards from the Cairngorms

Postby canisp » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi tinajack68, and welcome to walkhighlands.com.

tinajack68 wrote:Favourite spot is the summit of Carn Etchachan where the view down Loch A'an is absolutely fabulous.

A favourite spot of mine is very near there, just north of the summit of Stacan Dubha, where i can sit looking down on the whole of Loch A’an. Only problem is it’s a 330 mile drive to the cairngorm carpark :( .
canisp

Munros:281   Corbetts:191
Fionas:28   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:213   

Re: Regards from the Cairngorms

Postby bio-man » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi and welcome....haven't been up your neck of the woods for a couple of years!! The furthest since has been Kingussie, but will be venturing further northwards within the next few months. Welcome
bio-man
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...