walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glas Maol and Creag Leacach

Glas Maol and Creag Leacach

Postby Cameron.Gair » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Munros included on this walk: Creag Leacach, Glas Maol

Date walked: 04/09/2011

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 11.58 km

Ascent: 562m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Climbed alone from car park just of A93 at foot of ski track leading to Meall Odhar. A rough path leads from there to the rounded top of Glas Maol with trig station and large cairn. Met a couple of sisters with their Jack Russell terrier who kindly took my photo. Descended to cairn at bealach along broad ridge and eventually climbed to the slabby summit of Creag Leacach with its dry stone dyke and small cairn. Weather good with very good views from top. Returned to bealach and cairn walking around Glas Maol before descending to Meall Odhar and from there down track to Car Park.
Attachments
P9040063.JPG
Cameron.Gair
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:23
Donalds:7

Re: Glas Maol and Creag Leacach

Postby Graeme D » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Two great hills, nice and accessible from the road. Cheers Cameron. Bit different to my day on these two in December - one of my best hill days of last year. :D
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland