walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

BEN VORLICH'STUC A' CHROIN

BEN VORLICH'STUC A' CHROIN

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn), Stùc a' Chròin

Date walked: 26/09/2011

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

How do my fellow hillwalkers! well it was another wet one on Sunday but it didn't damping our enthusiasim for the munros.Myself Donny and Doe were up to take in Ben Vorlich and Stuc a' chroin iin was an ok day to start with for me it was my second time doing Vorlich Donny has done it loads so we started off at 9am it was a no bad slog and we did it a bit faster than last time we were up there for 10.50 took a quick bite to eat and we headed for Stuc a' chroin.On the way there the weather took a turn for the worse and we didn't no if Donny's GPS was playing up.We got accross the beilach and had a decision to make go right up the path or take a left up the steeper rockier left side we chose left.We skirted round the left and made our way up a steep gully which sheltered us from the weather a bit sore on the thighs and calfs but theres always a reward at the end of hard work.We got to the top and there was an older guy at the top who was parked at loch Lubvnick by this time it was tarrential rain fair play to you pal if youre reading this some effort up there yourself in those conditions.We got up there for 12.50 didn't hang about for long on count of the weather and headed home it was a case of get the heid down and get back to the car it was very boggy and I made a couple of slips on my chourse and verse when we got back to the car we got stripped and jumped in the car for home and it was'nt till I got home relised I'd left my trecking poles at the side of the car.A lousy day for weather but another munro under the belt cann't complain.
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Munros:153   Corbetts:1

Re: BEN VORLICH'STUC A' CHROIN

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Well done Peter,

I bottled it when it came to climbing the last part of Stuc. Those rocks get so slippy!!! Decided to leave it for another day :(

Hope you've dried out by now, it was a wet weekend to be out and about :?

Cheers

Px
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby spiderman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Good effort in these conditions.I always feel a day like you had adds to your hill walking experience and maybe that is how that old guy was able to get to the summit on his own, he has had many such days coping with all that the weather could throw at him.
spiderman
Rambler

Postby morag1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Nice one Peter :D
morag1

Postby lomondwalkers » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Great effort in those conditions Peter, thankfully had a good dry day when we did these and the scramble up Stuc was good fun.
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby pleanhiker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 am

I have your trecking poles m8 sky blue ones? U guys were in a black golf? I was stood at the tree with my husky tried to wave u guys back when i saw the poles but no joy. PM me m8 an i can get them back to u i live in plean in stirling.
Just checked them they are Arpenaz 200 poles i have am guessing they can only be yours :lol: .
pleanhiker
Mountaineer

Munros:16   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:1   

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

pollyh33 wrote:Well done Peter,

I bottled it when it came to climbing the last part of Stuc. Those rocks get so slippy!!! Decided to leave it for another day :(

Hope you've dried out by now, it was a wet weekend to be out and about :?

Cheers

Px

cheers polly had reservations myself but glad I did it dosent matter how wet it is I stoll seem to enjoy it :)
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:52 am

spiderman wrote:Good effort in these conditions.I always feel a day like you had adds to your hill walking experience and maybe that is how that old guy was able to get to the summit on his own, he has had many such days coping with all that the weather could throw at him.

cheers mate just hope he was ok no doubt bump into him on another munro
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland