walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello folks

Re: Hello folks

Postby 37lumleyst » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 am

Hi there Ann - I sympathise with you as I'm laid upo myself with a broken left arm. I put a post on the general site:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1634

Like you, mine is keeping me out of the hills, but I recon to be back and fighting fit over the next few weeks.
37lumleyst

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:49
Wainwrights:56   

Postby Ann Young » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm not quite ready for amputation yet Caberfeidh, I don't like rum, and I have a slight distrust of people keen to weild a knife (I've worked with too many surgeons in the past!). Was able to get up to KLB today and there's only one word for the weather there and back, Dreich! Was able to catch a few glimpses of Arkle and Foinaven though and that made the trip worthwhile. :)
Ann Young
Hill Bagger

Postby Caberfeidh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 am

Perhaps if you lay down beside a railway line, with your arm outstretched over the rail ... :sick:

Know what you mean re surgeons, odd bunch, pasty-faced and vampirous, don't get out in the fresh air often enough by the looks of 'em.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Ann Young » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:Perhaps if you lay down beside a railway line, with your arm outstretched over the rail ... :sick:

Know what you mean re surgeons, odd bunch, pasty-faced and vampirous, don't get out in the fresh air often enough by the looks of 'em.

Sounds like you've met some of the same ones I have! I'll pass on the railway line advice, I don't like trains and the ground's too wet just now ( my designer gear would get mucky!).
Ann Young
Hill Bagger

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...