walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

New Beginnings

New Beginnings

Postby kennedy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Hello folks
I am a new member and have only began wandering the hills 2 years ago.
Whilst working at Lochluichart , one hill in particular kept catching my eye , Sgurr a' Mhulinn was its name , and though i have passed this many times both from Strathconon and The road west never giving it a second thought , this time I announced I am going to climb that hill.
Thats it , I WAS HOOKED , Next was the Nearby Fannichs and so on.
This last month or so seems to be forever misty on top but i have now got into the habbit of planning my walks properly through using this site.
Kennedy :)
kennedy
Hill Bagger

Munros:49   Corbetts:14
Grahams:3   

Re: New Beginnings

Postby zebidee1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello and welcome along.

:D

Got 2 weeks off in october and planning on doing something then.
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Postby mountain coward » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Hello and welcome... I started off hill-walking on the off-chance too - I wandered up Pike O' Blisco in the Lake District looking for the spot where Jimmy Page had been interviewed on the telly - didn't even know what mountain I was on, just saw the summit and decided to go up there... I've been hillwalking ever since (about 20 odd years now)! It is addictive isn't it!
mountain coward

Postby Ann Young » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Hello,

I'm more a stravaiger than a hillwalker, finding my first bothy was what got me into wandering the wild places and I've been hooked ever since then. :)
Ann Young
Hill Bagger

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...