walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

corrour bothy to cairngorm via carn a mhaim and macdui

corrour bothy to cairngorm via carn a mhaim and macdui

Postby d gwynn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:21 am

Munros included on this walk: Ben Macdui, Cairn Gorm, Càrn a' Mhàim

Date walked: 05/10/2011

Time taken: 6.45 hours

Distance: 17.5 km

Ascent: 1300m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I left the bothy at 9 o clock in the morning after a pleasent evening with two complete strangers, Sarah and Les both arrived independently,we shared stories, hot choclate and a wee dram o whiskey :D and were no longer strangers.I headed back up the ghru as i had spotted from cairn toul ,on the previous day, a path up beside the alt clach nan tailer. I used this to gain the ridge for carm a mhaim. This is a great little walk to the summit with great views of the devils point and the ghru i did a bag stash half way along to save the legs! Returned and continued up the alt clach nan tailer to find the path up to the summit of ben macdui which was the only summit in clouds. Continued on the the simple walk to ciairngorm and a cup of tea, cake ,funicular train and the bus, yes bus, back to aviemore for a pint and the sleeper home.
Attachments
devil point from the ridge of carn mhaim.JPG
devils point from carn a mhaim.JPG

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Re: corrour bothy to cairngorm via carn a mhaim and macdui

Postby pauladams24 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:25 pm

hi mate saw pics read blogg.wheres this pic of sarah then!have you use them morrison baked baens yet :D
pauladams24
Munro compleatist

Munros:9   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:2   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland