walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgurr na Ciche agus Garbh Cioch Mor

Sgurr na Ciche agus Garbh Cioch Mor

Postby Collaciotach » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Munros included on this walk: Garbh Chioch Mhòr, Sgùrr na Cìche

Date walked: 25/07/2011

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 25 km

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A nice weekend camping at Murlaggan with my good lady and the dog with the intention of walking Gleann Deas Airidh as she is no a lady for climbing hills :?
DSCF2655.JPG
The camp

Ignore the sign at Strathan which says the route through the trees is "advised" ... cáic !! and an attempt by the landmoaner to stop you walking past his monstrosity in Gleann Deas Airidh :lol:

Tha an t-side math gu dearbh ...the weather was fine as we set out and having not been on Sgurr na Ciche for twenty years a plan was forming in my head :D
DSCF2667.JPG
...fad air falbh ach chan eil i Sgurr na Ciche !

Last time i was here i walked in from Gleann Fhionnan agus bha sin a fuireach ann A' Cuil ....there was no craoibhean then :shock:
DSCF2671.JPG
A' Cuil

Ach if we just head up here a gráidh :D :?
DSCF2681.JPG
Caite ?

At last faisg an bealach :lol: but this was my good ladies summit for the day ... ipressed on with arranging to meet her back down the Gleann some way
DSCF2682.JPG
Faisg a 'mhullach

Tha seo snog ach bith mi a dol suas ...this is nice but i wanna go to the top :D
DSCF2687.JPG
Seallaidh math ach chan eil math gu leor

Air a mhullach nan Sgurr an déidh coig air fichead bhliadhna .....on the top after 25yrs :D
Sgorr na Ciche 2011.JPG
Air a mhullach agus Eilean Eige is an t eileanan bheag

Garbh Cioch Mor cuideachd :D
Garbh Cioch Mor.JPG
Air a mhullach na Garbh Cioch Mor

Bha latha sgionneil agamsa ...a brilliant day and it has reignited my desire to climb hills again :D ,since then i have collected another 15 tops and deffo have this Munro bagging bug .I picked up my lovely lassie down near the foot of Sgurr nan Coireachan ourcásan felt they were on fire by the time we reached Murlaggan and the tent but wht a day :D

I m a Gaidheil and although it saddens me how denuded the landscape has become and how my people have been driven from their ancestral lands there is hope and our place names live on in the landscapes ...Suas leis a Ghaidhlig

Laighe nan Grian air Sgurr Thuilm is Gleann Peann
DSCF2663.JPG
Laighe nan Grian air Loch Airidh-Aig
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Re: Sgurr na Ciche agus Garbh Cioch Mor

Postby kinley » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 pm

8) I followed quite a bit of that - I'll need to print it off and sit with the gaelic for idiots book :lol:

Cheers :thumbup: I'm not always one for the text of a report - but I do like a challenge.

Agree about the suggested muddy route too 8)

:D

Is that a sinister user name?
kinley

Postby Collaciotach » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Haha :) tha mi toilichte chord ruit .... i m glad you read it thought i give the report thing a try and its a great wee site this so kinda hope it helps support it .Enjoy reading other folks tips n things

chan eil collaciotach toisgealta idir ...its no a sinister name at all however his son Alasdair Mac Colla Ciotach was known as "fear tollaidh nan taighean" the destroyer of homes" ...need to send him into the Glen Dessary eh :twisted:

Enjoying being back on the hill

Slainte
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Postby Bod » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Nice walk and great mountain! Cheers for sharing, I need to get back up there again one day and capture more of the surroundings. Been up before from Sourlies Bothy after being dropped off by boat, and often admired the mountain from Loch Nevis :D :D :D
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:51   Islands:25

Postby Klaasloopt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 am

Ik vind dit tweetalige verslag geweldig! ... I love this bilingual report! :D
Klaasloopt
Hill Bagger

Munros:168   Corbetts:71
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:49
Islands:11

Postby kevsbald » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 am

We need more of this - our ain language whether it's Scots, Doric or Gaelic. Fae noo oan, I might hae tae write a puccle o lines like this.
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland