walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Facing her fears and throwing up on the Brothers Ridge!

Facing her fears and throwing up on the Brothers Ridge!

by dogplodder » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Route description: Brothers Ridge - Sgùrr a Bhealaich Dheirg

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Meadhoin, Sàileag, Sgùrr a' Bhealaich Dheirg

Date walked: 13/08/2009

Distance: 11 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Facing her fears and throwing up on the Brothers Ridge!

Postby ndhudson » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:28 pm

dogplodder wrote:
ndhudson wrote:Where and when is the KIntail meet up?

Now there's something, someone in Inverness asking someone in Utah a question about an event not all that far down the road from her. The wonders of the internet! :D :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love the internet! Inverness is a great town! Probably my favorite of the big three. I've been looking for freelance work there on the off chance one of you very loyal Scots wanted to hire an American. No luck so far, but I have hope! ;) Have you lived there long? Great location for walking...there's so much near by. Lucky lady, you. :D

Here is the link to all the Kintail info...http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15292
Would love to meet you if you can make it, Dogplodder! Keep the reports coming, I quite enjoy your writing!!
ndhudson
Munro compleatist

Corbetts:1

Postby dogplodder » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 pm

ndhudson wrote:Inverness is a great town! Probably my favorite of the big three. I've been looking for freelance work there on the off chance one of you very loyal Scots wanted to hire an American. No luck so far, but I have hope! ;) Have you lived there long? Great location for walking...there's so much near by. Lucky lady, you. :D

What kind of freelance work?

We've been here since 2001 after 24 years living in Dundee on the east coast. I was delighted to come as Inverness was my birthplace but I'd not lived here since my folks moved away when I was 4 months old. Yes, it's a great location for hills. :D We moved up after I'd climbed all the ones within easy range of Dundee so good timing!

I'll keep the KIntail meet in mind - would love to join folks on the Saturday and bring the mutts! It will depend on conditions as I'm not equipped for winter climbing.
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby ndhudson » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:00 am

dogplodder wrote:What kind of freelance work?

We've been here since 2001 after 24 years living in Dundee on the east coast. I was delighted to come as Inverness was my birthplace but I'd not lived here since my folks moved away when I was 4 months old. Yes, it's a great location for hills. :D We moved up after I'd climbed all the ones within easy range of Dundee so good timing!

I'll keep the KIntail meet in mind - would love to join folks on the Saturday and bring the mutts! It will depend on conditions as I'm not equipped for winter climbing.

Oh you are a lucky woman, Dogplodder. Dundee is great too! :mrgreen:

I own a small graphic/web design business in Salt Lake, specializing in branding and retail packaging, so I am looking for freelance design work with private companies and/or design agencies. It's proving to be a bit difficult to get my foot in any door. But I'm not giving up! :lol:

As for Kintail...hopefully too much winter gear won't be necessary, so pack up the pups and venture west to help welcome spring! 8)

Cheers!

-Nicole
ndhudson
Munro compleatist

Corbetts:1

Postby dogplodder » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:42 pm

ndhudson wrote:I own a small graphic/web design business in Salt Lake, specializing in branding and retail packaging, so I am looking for freelance design work with private companies and/or design agencies. It's proving to be a bit difficult to get my foot in any door. But I'm not giving up! :lol:

As for Kintail...hopefully too much winter gear won't be necessary, so pack up the pups and venture west to help welcome spring! 8)

Cheers!

-Nicole

Don't give up - keep plugging away and a break will hopefully come! :D

If there's not too much snow I'll be very tempted! 8)
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland