Date walked: 09/08/2017
Time taken: 4 hours
Great city green walkway route for locals and visitors alike. Makes for a great museums and river walkway day. Spent most of the time in the West End bends once I got there, took a break for food and to peak up surface way. Quite a few of the path to street staircases and paths were blocked off for repair, so often you have to double back if you needed to go up topside for food. Few restaurants have path side seating if you need respite. Public toilets not really available. Heavy Midge area in Summer. Just beautiful, serene river walk that is in a city setting, most climbing is to get up street side.
Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
- Activity: Walker
- Place: Glasgow
- Gear: Not got any yet, trainers
- Member: I am a member of MyPeakChallenge
- Ideal day out: I like having varied climb, mostly hills. But I am hoping to challeneg myself to my first Munro next summer.
- Filter reports
- Trips: 1
- Distance: 17 km
- Joined: Aug 26, 2017
- Last visited: Apr 07, 2018
- Total posts: 3 | Search posts