– new bothies in the Kielder forest in the north of England and the Elan valley in Wales;
– the rebuilding of Glen Dubh-lighe bothy near Glenfinnan which was destroyed by fire in 2010;
– major work parties at a number of Scottish bothies including Shenavall, Kinbreak, Invermallie, Uags, Strathchailleach, Uisinis, and Over Phawhope;
– Faindouran in the Cairngorms where a chimney stack and wall was blown down in a winter storm and where continuing bad weather has made it impossible so far to assess the full extent of the damage;
– plus ongoing maintenance at many of the other bothies that are cared for by the Association.
The MBA is keen for as many people to come on its work parties, which are all run by volunteers on a friendly and open basis. The Association says it doesn’t just need expert builders, joiners and painters at work parties, there are jobs available that anyone can tackle. Further details of the planned work including a work party diary are available on the MBA website and anyone interested in joining the MBA or simply just helping out at a work party is invited to contact the Association through their website for further information.