Helping you to discover and explore the real Scotland
I've been testing the revamped 2019 version of Alpkit's Phantac down jacket, which is designed to keep you really toasty whilst keeping weight low.
For most walkers socks are one of the most important but least considered items of kit. With us for every step of the way...
David Lintern David Lintern interviews John Allen to ask - what has changed for hillgoers and the civilian rescue service, and what is the same?
Visits to the outdoors have hit record levels in Scotland, a new survey suggests...
Follow us on
We feature more than 3,000 places to stay
- Choose and book from a vast range of holiday cottages, hotels, B&Bs, and hostels from our top menu
Details of 2,078 free walks to inspire you
- Free-to-view OS maps and detailed descriptions for every walk
- Download route files to use with your GPS or smartphone
Win £90 of gear given away every month
- Keep your own walks diary with your photos and route maps
- Share experiences: the best reports each month win gear from Webtogs
- Record your ascents of the Munros, Corbetts etc. on personal hill-bagging maps
- Register free now to access OS 1:25,000 mapping and much more...