Discover the real Scotland... one step at a time
David Lintern It doesn't matter how you get there or what you call yourself, the hills don't care. David Lintern escapes the tyranny of team sports and goes for a jog up a ridge.
The legitimacy of Britain's National Parks is a debate that constantly simmers. Many argue that the globally recognised 'National Park' brand has been hijacked and diluted.
Follow us on
We feature more than 3,000 places to stay
- Choose and book from a vast range of holiday cottages, hotels, B&Bs, and hostels from our top menu
Details of 2,078 free walks to inspire you
- Free-to-view OS maps and detailed descriptions for every walk
- Download route files to use with your GPS or smartphone
Win £90 of gear given away every month
- Keep your own walks diary with your photos and route maps
- Share experiences: the best reports each month win gear from Webtogs
- Record your ascents of the Munros, Corbetts etc. on personal hill-bagging maps
- Register free now to access OS 1:25,000 mapping and much more...