Discover the real Scotland... one step at a time
Travel and Coronavirus
Temporary Coronavirus restrictions and travel advice applies until 2nd November, when new guidance will be introduced.
Click for details
David Lintern visits Dumfries and Galloway to find out about plans for the Langholm community buyout.
Kerri Andrews with an extract from her book on female walking
Follow us on
We feature more than 3,000 places to stay
- Choose and book from a vast range of holiday cottages, hotels, B&Bs, and hostels from our top menu
Details of 2,078 free walks to inspire you
- Free-to-view OS maps and detailed descriptions for every walk
- Download route files to use with your GPS or smartphone
Win £150 of gear given away every month
- Keep your own walks diary with your photos and route maps
- Share experiences: the best reports each month win gear from Webtogs
- Record your ascents of the Munros, Corbetts etc. on personal hill-bagging maps
- Register free now to access OS 1:25,000 mapping and much more...